What does it take to become an elite athlete and exceptional student at the same time?
Picabo Street Academy has an answer. Our model embraces the unique challenges facing elite student-athletes.
PSA provides a unique education model where students can succeed in school AND in their sport or art without compromising the quality of either.
– Our model is best suited for high performers in sports, arts and entrepreneurship.
– PSA recognizes that there is a critical window in which young athletes demonstrate their potential and earn a place on elite teams.
– Parents can trust that their child will not sacrifice college opportunities to athletic performance.
ON THEIR SCHEDULE
PSA is open 12 months of the year and offers rolling enrollment, so students can start their school year at any time.
– School attendance is planned around the athlete’s training and competition schedules, enabling them to truly focus on each one, without conflict or compromise.
– School is open all day, allowing flexible class times to suit the individual needs of each student.
– Students can enroll full time OR take individual classes to supplement their current school program.
ENRICHED BLENDED MODEL
PSA sets a new standard in personalized education by providing an integrated virtual curriculum and classroom environment.
– Live teachers provide support in Park City classrooms through face-to-face, one-on-one, and small group sessions in conjunction with virtual curriculum delivery.
– PSA staff develops an individual plan for each student, taking into account their preferred learning style and demands of their extracurricular activity. – We adjust the plan as needed or as opportunity arises.
PSA’s carefully selected academic partner delivers courses year-round at a level that will prepare our students for the college of their choice.
– AP, Honors, advanced foreign language and concurrent enrollment courses are available in addition to a wide selection of electives and core and common core classes.
– All classes are AdvancEd accredited and meet NCAA approved standards.
– Students focus on mastery of core subjects – English, Math, Science & Social Studies – while fulfilling elective requirements to meet state and national requirements.
We prepare every student to excel in collegiate academics and provide one-on-one college counseling to help PSA students gain entry to their school of choice.
– ACT and SAT preparation courses are available at PSA.
– College counseling is provided by staff members who know the students and have extensive experience with the college application process.
– We take a holistic approach to the education of each student, knowing that the best postsecondary pathway will be different for each one.
A LOCAL EXPERIENCE WITH A GLOBAL CLASSROOM
Picabo Street Academy is currently located in the Prospector area of Park City, but has long term plans to be housed at Utah Olympic Park.
-Students join us in-person and online from around the world as they travel and compete.
-Many students take advantage of Park City’s proximity to an international airport and Olympic training facilities.
– Homestay accommodations can be arranged in Park City for short or longer-term requirements.
-Scholarship opportunities are available to qualifying students.